Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas ornament

Our Christmas tree is predominantly filled with matching, decorative ornaments but my favorite ornaments on the tree are those that represent someone or an event in our life.  Some of our ornaments bring tears every year as I put them on the tree like Jack's baby rattle ornament.  Some ornaments make me laugh like the bloated dog ornament that represents our overweight chihuahua, LuLu.  We have a wedding bell for our first Christmas together.  This year, the new addition is a homemade ornament to mark the start of our adoption from the Congo.   This ornament is bringing out several responses.  Laughter at my lack of "craftiness" (there is a reason I'm in banking).  Nervous excitement at the thought of what is to come in the months ahead.  Brewing impatience to bring a child home.  Complete thankfulness to God (using the angels at our church) for the amazing gift of family. 

Merry Christmas to our family and friends.  
-Coughlins

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you have a blog :-) I love the ornament. I bought one through an adoption fundraiser and it was the first one to go on the tree hung of course by Zalen (his first Christmas and first time decorating the tree) :-)

    Tessy at Divine Moments
    http://divinemomentstlf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete