Thursday, September 12, 2013

A day to celebrate

A month ago, I was having a Job moment that I blogged about.  Frustrations of life felt as if they were piling up on each other and never ending.  Tears flowed...a lot of them.  But today is a new day. 

Our day started with waking up and realizing that I am officially 24 weeks into our pregnancy.  You may be thinking, "You have a long way to go, sister!"  but 24 weeks is very significant to Jim and me.  Hours before our son Jack was born, a doctor gave us a long talk about not trying to save him once he was born; no form of life support/assistance breathing, etc. because the medical community doesn't feel babies are viable (I hate that word) until 24 weeks.  Jack was born at 23 weeks.  Since that conversation 4 years ago, 24 weeks has stuck with us.  Bed rest isn't a ton of fun, but we've gotten Callahan to 24 weeks and hoping for many more milestones to come!

As if that news wasn't good enough, we got an email today that was an answer to prayers.  We received word that the couple who already had given so much to make our adoption dreams come true had decided to fund the remaining amount needed for our adoption travel. As of today, our adoption expenses are covered! I can't explain the feeling of relief and thankfulness that we are feeling. It is so amazing to watch God at work in our lives and to watch Him lifting barriers to bring these children 7,000 miles away to us. It's also so amazing to see how God is using people to do His work. It makes me question, am I being open to letting Him lead me in the work He's calling me to do? I truly hope so. Thankful for such a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment