Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's a marathon not a sprint

I had a crazy moment yesterday.  I was made aware of a little Congolese baby girl up for adoption and I was ready to fly to Africa that moment.  In fact, I would probably have headed to the airport and told Jim to meet me there.  I sent a text to Jim to take a look at the little girl and he quickly brought me back to reality.  He reminded me that we haven't been approved through a home study, the US government or the Congolese government.  Details right?!  I think I was so pumped up from the awesome news last weekend that I needed to be reminded that this is going to be a marathon and not a sprint.  We are going to need to be patient and understand that things will happen when God allows...not on a timeline I dictate.  Please pray for us to have patience.  Patience for the process and with each other when one of us has a crazy moment.  
-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment